Follow my blog with BloglovinEver since I watched the Shark Tank episode with the edible cookie dough makers, I’ve had egg-less cookie dough on the brain. And, ever since Mars came out with Twix Bites and Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites, I’ve been thinking about ways to incorporate them into a recipe.
I decided to make Center Cut Cook’s recipe with a few adaptions (see below), and I can honestly say that this egg-less dough tastes better than Toll House. Swear.
Using a small melon baller, I formed 1.5-inch balls of dough. To create the “Surprise Inside,” I inserted one Twix or Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites candy into the center of each cookie dough ball.
Next, I rolled each cookie dough ball in M&M’s Minis for an explosion of color. You certainly can’t miss them!
I placed one M&M’s-encrusted cookie dough ball in a small serving bowl, and added two mini scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Ice cream has a new buddy.
To create a shareable dish, add additional scoops of ice cream, and sprinkle M&M’s Minis around the serving plate.
What’s great about this single- or multi-serve dessert is that it can be made ahead of time. Edible cookie dough and ice cream can both be shaped into spheres and frozen in sealed containers. (Allow approximately 30 to 45 minutes for frozen edible cookie dough balls to thaw.)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 7-oz. bag Twix Bites
- 1 7-oz. bag Milk Way Simply Caramel Bites
- 1 12-oz. bag M&M’s Minis
- With your mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and salt, mix. Add in flour. The mixture is going to be crumbly at this point. Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix. Now the dough will look like the cookie dough you’re used to seeing.
- Scoop dough with a spoon or melon baller. After creating a spherical shape, insert one Twix or Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites candy into the center of each sphere. After inserting the candy, you may need to work with the dough a bit to get it back into a spherical shape.
- Roll each edible dough ball in M&M’s Minis. Serve with mini scoops of your favorite ice cream flavor(s).
- You can freeze dough for up to three months.
- *Please note: You can microwave flour (heat to 162 F, stirring every 10 to 15 seconds) if you are concerned about the consumption of raw flour.
Adapted from Center Cut Coo